Build a website before lunch!
Learn to build a WordPress website before lunch!
Our WordPress courses teach you all the basics of building, running and marketing your WordPress sites either for personal use like a blog (online diary) or for professional small business websites.
You will learn how-to develop a simple but powerful WordPress website in 1 day all without any knowledge of HTML and you get to eat home-made cake!
That’s right! Home-made cake and you need NO technical knowledge of websites.
About the course
You will learn all the basic features of how to build a WordPress site from scratch. This includes installing WordPress, adding popular features, attractive design, making the site search engine friendly and much more including home-made cake
You will complete the course with a complete understanding of how WordPress works giving you the knowledge to further build and develop your site like a pro.
What do I need?
You need nothing but a laptop to work from! We will provide you with everything you need to practice on. We have domains and hosting which you can use for the duration of the course if needed. If you have your own domain and hosting account then great, you can use that however we ask you to have access to everything prior to attending, saves us time.
If you are confused by domains and hosting then don’t worry we have pre-course material you can follow but like we said you need nothing.
How is the course structured
We break down the day into small chunks and we work our way through each stage of setting up your site. We will explain the steps and show you on screen what to do, you can then follow along or practice after and then ask questions. We continue like this through the day, we teach, you practice, Q&A. This allows you to practice each part and ask questions as you go.
We are limited by time so don’t worry if you can’t follow everything, the course material is provided to you after the course so you can easily refresh your memory later.
- You will need a working laptop with WiFi (Please make sure your WiFi is working before attending).
- A good understanding of the internet & computers helps (this is not a computer support workshop).
- Arrive at 9am for registration, tea and coffee. Course starts at 9:30 or sooner if we are all there. We jump straight into it and you will have a website up and running before lunch time, guaranteed!
- The afternoon you will learn in detail the core functions of WordPress like changing the look and feel of your site, tracking visitors, building contact forms, ranking your site on search engines and much, much more.
- The course finishes about 5pm but we invite you to stay later to ask any further questions about WordPress, your business and network with other attendees.
- After the course you will be provided with secure access to our membership area where you can view the course material online.
- 9-9:30 Arrive for registration tea and coffee. Grab yourself a seat and get your laptops setup and connected online ready to start.
- 9:30 – Course starts.
- 11:15am – 11:30am - Optional break to stretch your legs.
- 1pm – Break for lunch (Lunch is included and we are 5 minutes away from local shops).
- 1:45 – 2pm – Course resumes (sometimes all attendees are back and we can begin sooner if you wish).
- 3-3:15pm - Optional break to stretch your legs.
- 5pm – Course ends. Further Q&A sessions and networking begins.
Please note during the morning and afternoon session we do stop for a short break where you can stretch your legs, get some fresh air and a tea or coffee and this is where the home-made cake can be eaten
The course runs in a business room in Brighton.
- Bus from the Brighton station: Number 1 goes into Hove
- Driving: Parking is a little crazy in Brighton! I would suggest train or bus although there is on street parking – I will provide more details on this
- Venue: The Werks in Hove – 10 minutes walk from Hove station
WordPress Training Course Topics
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installing and setup
- Dashboard and settings configuration
- Posts, pages, categories and tags
- Users and comment configuration
- Themes, theme resources and theme frameworks
- Plugins (Why and how to use them correctly)
- Custom menus
- Contact Forms
- Security and backups
- Taking payments
- Forums and shopping carts
- Using FREE tools for Traffic, Tracking visitors and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Integrate Facebook, Twitter and Social Media into WordPress
- Using WordPress for professional business sites
- BONUS Marketing session if we have time.
We have more advanced courses which cover marketing, ways to make money from WordPress sites, affiliate sites and how to get traffic to your site.
Our course are limited by the number of people so book early. Course fees are non-refundable so you can return to any later course or use the time for 1-2-1 sessions.
Date: Sept 8th 2012 (Brighton UK)
Price: Early bird £197 If you want to pay via Paypal contact me.